Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yes, Goodbye

Here we are: the end of freshman year. I can't believe it's here already.

Some reflections:
Holy crap. College. I made it. I'm here.

That was the opening sentence of my first blog post as a college student. I was really excited back then, ready to begin a new chapter in my life. 9 months later, I feel like I've learned so much, and that I've been more exposed to real world (then again, compared to the bubble back in Cerritos/Whitney, any exposure is significant). I've cultivated meaningful friendships with some of the greatest people I've ever met, and I've bonded so much with my suite, collectively called "The 3312." (refer to 2 posts ago) So socially, I have definitely grown.

Academically, college has actually made me question my career choice, even if slightly. I've always wanted to be a doctor, but Bio and Chem in college was so much harder than I expected. There was just so much work involved, to the point that some of my friends told me that, in their view, I had disappeared off the face of the Earth. Is pre-med really worth the work involved? We'll see next semester, when I'll have to deal with O-Chem...

As this school year wraps up, I thank all my friends for their contributions to this wonderful experience I've had during my first year at USC. I look forward to seeing you guys again next year. Have an AWESOME summer!

Also noteworthy: Yesterday was my 1-year anniversary of this blog. Thank you, Blogspot, for constantly being there for me, both through my happiest and my saddest moments. Thank you for providing a medium through which I could express my thoughts and emotions. You have been an indispensible part of my life for the past 365 days.

Unfortunately, I believe I have found a better companion for the future: Tumblr. Please forgive me, Blogspot; I know you have been faithful for me, but I feel that Tumblr shall better serve my purposes from now on.

It's not you; it's me :P Goodbye!

No comments: